- Mechanical analysis supporting thermal analysis of electronic products including the IC package, the PCB, and the complete system
- The expansion of Mentor's capabilities to support the complete design-through-manufacturing process including design for manufacturability, new product introduction (NPI) to manufacturing, and PCB manufacturing process execution optimization
- The HyperLynx® PI (power integrity) for AC and DC analysis of complex power distribution networks on high-end products
- Major enhancements to the Expedition® Enterprise platform in support of advanced technology product design by mid-sized to large and global enterprises
- Best-in-class desktop PCB technologies with PADS® software, tailored to meet the design needs of individual users
Mentor's market shares in North America, Europe, and Asia/Pacific are 60%, 57% and 50% respectively. Japan was the only market where Mentor did not show the largest PCB design market share but did grow their market share by more than 75% from 2009 to 2010. The impressive growth in Japan is due to Mentor's emphasis on this important market with increased dedicated sales and support targeted at major enterprise companies.
Revenue from Integrated System Design PCB counts 25% of Mentor Revenues. Other Mentor Revenues include Scalable Verification (Simulation, Emulation) with 25%, IC Design to Silicon (Calibre, IC, Olympus P&R) with 30%, and New and Emerging (transportation, embedded, DFT) with 15%. 80% of Mentor revenue is in products where they are #1 or #2 in market share.
Largest EDA Market Share by segments (Synopsys, Cadence, Mentor Graphics) shows about a 40% to 66% market share to the #1 supplier across each category.