There is more than enough room for tablet players. Current estimates suggest tablet sales will increase on average 83% a year to 185 million units in 2014; RBC estimates Apple will sell 50 million iPads in fiscal 2012 (up 54% yearly) and 65 million in 2013.
Asus' newly announced Eee Pad Transformer Prime, the first tablet to feature Nvidia's new Tegra 3 quad-core processor. The Prime will get an upgrade to Ice Cream Sandwich. The Prime joins Amazon's Kindle Fire and Barnes & Noble's Nook Tablet as the latest set of tablet devices hitting store shelves before the end of the year. Ian Paul, PCWorld, gave comparisons between four tablets:
- ► 2013 (35)
- ► 2012 (99)
- Android Building the JNI Source Code in Eclipse
- One Click Rooting for Eee Pad Transformer TF101 8....
- Install a Native C Executable on Eee Pad Transform...
- Performance and Complexity Comparison between H.26...
- Using NDK to Call C code from Android Apps
- DM8168 EVM for $999
- DM6467 ARM9 Trouble Writing Memory Block at 0x1c40...
- Qualcomm to Lose HTC to Nvidia Tegra 3?
- Eee Pad Transformer TF101 Android 3.2.1 Root and a...
- HTML5 and Adobe Flash's Failures
- iOS 5.0.1 Update Failed
- DM6467 Latest CODECS
- Transformer Prime vs. iPad 2 vs. Kindle Fire vs. N...
- Intel and MIPS Bets on Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandw...
- DM6467 Boot
- Xilinx ISE 13.3, Artix-7 and Virtex-7 XT
- DM8168 or C6-Integra EVM
- ▼ November (17)
- ► 2010 (99)
- ► 2009 (66)