See more in http://research.microsoft.com
Monday, October 24, 2011
Microsoft Two Extremes of Touch Interaction: OmniTouch and PocketTouch
OmniTouch turns any surface in the user’s environment into a touch interface. OmniTouch: Wearable Multitouch Interaction Everywhere—co-authored by Chris Harrison, a Ph.D. student at Carnegie Mellon University and a former Microsoft Research intern; Benko; and Andy Wilson—is a wearable system that enables graphical, interactive, multitouch input on arbitrary, everyday surfaces.
PocketTouch: Through-Fabric Capacitive Touch Input—written by Saponas, Harrison, and Benko—describes a prototype that consists of a custom, multitouch capacitive sensor mounted on the back of a smartphone. It uses the capacitive sensors to enable eyes-free multitouch input on the device through fabric, giving users the convenience of a rich set of gesture interactions, ranging from simple touch strokes to full alphanumeric text entry, without having to remove the device from a pocket or bag.
- ► 2013 (35)
- ► 2012 (99)
- Fusion Garage Grid 10 Dead Recovery
- 10 Attractive android tutorials for developers
- Beagleboard-XM USB ADB on Windows
- Microsoft Two Extremes of Touch Interaction: OmniT...
- The Lytro Light Field Camera First Look
- TI Android GingerBread 2.3.4 DevKit 2.1 Product (G...
- Apple is Giving Samsung Semiconductor A Splitting ...
- Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich Image and Video Pro...
- hgfs Problem with ubuntu 11.04
- MX Video Player for Tegra 2 Android Device
- Viewsonic G Tablet Firmware 1.2 Restore
- Altera Introduces SoC FPGAs: Integrating ARM Proce...
- Qualcomm's New Snapdragon S4: MSM8960 & Krait Arch...
- IDE for Android C/C++ Programming
- agcc for Android NDK, Revision 6b on ARM
- DVI EDID
- Gingerbread Android C/C++ Programming on Ubuntu 11...
- 'You've got to find what you love,' Jobs says
- iPhone 4S Multimedia Capability
- August 2011 U.S. Mobile Subscriber Market Share
- WebM Video Hardware RTLs
- WebRTC VP8 Error Concealement Improvement
- Beagleboard-XM Rowboat Gingerbread
- ▼ October (23)
- ► 2010 (99)
- ► 2009 (66)