"The explosion in Web and video content available for smartphones has caused consumers to rethink their phones' sizes," said Ross Rubin, executive director of industry analysis for NPD. "Larger displays offer a richer media experience, as well as a roomier surface for on-screen keyboards. Handset vendors are continuing to push the envelope of pocket real estate to complement the video capabilities of 4G handsets."
Monday, March 21, 2011
Larger Smartphone Screens Gain due to Video Content Availability
Today the NPD Group published the latest information that shows smartphones with the largest screens (4 inches or larger) have grabbed more and more market shares. Driven largely by sales of high-end Android phones, mobile handsets with screens that are 4 inches or larger now comprise nearly one quarter of all smartphone sales.
- ► 2013 (35)
- ► 2012 (99)
- Post-Synthesis Simulation Using Synplify, NC-veril...
- Homeland Security/Homeland Defense Market to $86 b...
- Manufacturers bet 3-D games can bring 3D TV sales ...
- Verilog HDL Reference and Tutorials
- NC-Verilog Simulator and ISE
- NC-Verilog Simulator Tutorial
- FPGA Design from Scratch
- LG Thrill 4G Phone and 3D Video Conference
- Larger Smartphone Screens Gain due to Video Conten...
- 3D Printing and Airbike
- The Internet of Things, Bluetooth 4.0, Wi-fi Direc...
- The Internet of Things and FPGA
- It’s Not The Tools, It’s the Language
- New Bluespec Tutorial Book - "BSV by Example"
- Comparison of VPX, CPCI-e and CPCI
- Synplify, ISE 13.1 and Virtex-7
- ▼ March (16)
- ► 2010 (99)
- ► 2009 (66)