Hopefully x265 will like x264, which has been the best open source implementation of H.264. One of x264 pioneers, Min Chen, started the x265 project to push open source development for HEVC / H.265. His goal targets for embedded system, FPGA, GPU, and multi-cores system. We are looking forward to it.
HEVC or H.265 (nickname) is targeted at next-generation HDTV displays and content capture systems which feature progressive scanned frame rates and display resolutions from QVGA (320x240) up to 1080p and Ultra HDTV (7680x4320), as well as improved picture quality in terms of noise level, color gamut and dynamic range. The performance goal is that HEVC should provide 2x better video compression performance than AVC (H.264) high profile, at the expense of increased computational complexity (so hardware implementations would be important). HEVC will significantly reduce bandwidth requirements with comparable image quality for video conferencing and streaming.
- ► 2012 (99)
- TI Davinci Audio Source Codes
- x265 Development - An Open Source HEVC / H.265
- DM6467 PCI Interrupt Handling
- DM6467T ARM/DSP EDMA Channel Synchronization Event...
- DMA channels used by DM6467 ARM and DSP
- HEVC / H.265 Specification Working Draft 5 (WD5) a...
- Java Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassD...
- DM6467 PCI Source Codes
- Analysis of Coding Tools in HEVC Test Model (HM 1....
- H.265 Development - thevc Tiny HEVC Baseline code...
- Installing and Configuring SVNServe and TortoiseSV...
- DM6467 ARM EDMA Configuration
- Multi-core System Programming and Cache Management...
- ▼ December (13)
- ► 2010 (99)
- ► 2009 (66)