- Work within Visual Studio, GCC, Eclipse, or other standard IDEs
- Cab mix with VHDL code if desired
- Identify hotspots for acceleration
- Rapidly prototype different behavioral level design permutations
- Accelerate by optimizing design parallelism for FPGA fabric
- Partition design between hardware and software
- Partition design into multiple FPGAs and/or soft core processors
- Partition between FPGA and standard DSP processors
- Compile to Xilinx, Altera, or Synplicity tools for synthesis to FPGA
Accelerate MicroBlaze® applications using ANSI C as an input for both hardware and software. Impulse C™ automatically generates synthesizable HDL and MicroBlaze software interfaces.
Impulse CoDeveloper™ is a hardware/software design tool that allows the C language to be used to develop applications for mixed hardware/software platforms including Xilinx MicroBlaze-based Virtex-II or Spartan FPGAs. The Impulse C libraries and compiler tools support multiple programming models, including streams-based programming, allowing a software programmer to make use of available FPGA resources for hardware coprocessing without the need to write low-level hardware descriptions. The compiler tools included with CoDeveloper provide the necessary C to RTL compilation path, as well as providing automated generation of software/hardware interfaces that are specifically optimized for the MicroBlaze processor platforms. This capability makes it possible for an application developer to create a complete hardware/software application with no need to write VHDL or Verilog code. Instead, the CoDeveloper tools create the necessary low-level hardware and software descriptions (in the form of HDL outputs and automatically-generated software libraries) which can then be imported directly into the Xilinx tools for hardware synthesis and implementation. CoDeveloper HDL outputs are also fully compatible with third-party synthesis tools including those available from Xilinx, Synplicity and Mentor.
Impulse C to RTL Flow
- Write or import ANSI C designs using Impulse MicroBlaze libraries.
- Compile and debug within CodeWarrior™, GCC™, Visual Studio™, or other.
- Use CoDeveloper and Impulse C to improve parallelism and identify performance bottlenecks.
- Automatically generate HW and SW code including MicroBlaze interfaces.
- Synthesize generated hardware using standard FPGA design tools.
- Compile software elements using standard MicroBlaze compiler.
- Verify hardware (as needed) using CoValidator (or other) HDL simulator.
- Download application to Xilinx MicroBlaze reference platform.
For Altera FPGA, please see