Formality is a tool from Synopsys, which is used for Formal Verification. Formal verification is a method to verify two designs without runningsimulations that they are functionally equivalent. Of course one design is the 'reference' design, which is supposed to be a 'good' design, and the second design which is called implementation design, is what is sought to match the 'reference' design.
Usually two kinds of verification are common using formality
1. RTL(ref) vs Netlist(impl)
2. Netlist vs Netlist
For more info how to use Formality, go to
- ► 2013 (35)
- ► 2012 (99)
- ► 2011 (186)
- ► 2010 (99)
- Synfora Acquires Esterel Studio
- Impulse CoDeveloper
- Synfora Pico Extreme FPGA
- GE Security for Sale?
- THE MANY WAYS TO STREAM VIDEO USING RTP AND RTSP
- TI Davinci 1080P EVM
- Discussion "Which Will Be the Best Video Content A...
- Modelsim VCS IUS Comparison
- A Small Formality Tutorial
- THE IMPORTANCE OF ENCRYPTING VIDEO OVER IP
- Google Acquires On2 For Video Compression
- Xilinx Virtex-6
- ▼ August (13)