Thanks to dbaybay for providing detail instructions and tools to root Le Pan II TC-979 which has Qualcomm APQ8060 (1.2GHz). The procedures include two steps:
Install ADB Package for the Le Pan II, Windows Users
- Install JDK 7 if it is not installed in your machine
- Download the JDK
- Install the JDK
%CompositeAdbInterface% = USB_Install, USB\VID_16d5&PID_8006&MI_01
should be changed to
%CompositeAdbInterface% = USB_Install, USB\VID_16d5&PID_8005&MI_01
- that change from PID_8006 to PID_8005 under CompositeAdbInterface.
- Open your device manager of Windows and plug in the USB cable of Le Pan II to the Windows machine
- Right click on "ANYDATA HSUSB DEVICE" and click update drivers. Choose the "Let me choose drivers" option and then click the "have disk" option. Navigate to the "c:\lepanlife\drivers" and click on the "android_winusb" file and then click ok. Install the driver and restart your computer
- When your computer restarts, open a new command prompt and type in: cd c:\lepanlife\adb
- And then type in: adb devices
- You should see several numbers under Devices Connected. This is the serial number to your device and you're all set to start us ADB!
- Download the Dbaybay's One-Click Root Package and extract contents.
- Run Part-One.bat (this will reboot your tab to fastboot, flash CWM, reboot normally & then reboot you to recovery)
- Once the above is done and you are in CWM, close the Part-One.bat Command Prompt!
- Run Part-Two.bat (this will install Superuser.apk, su binaries & busybox binaries)
I tested with the HTK75.users.v114 build with a Windows XP host machine and obtained a rooted Le Pan II.