How to root?
PaulOBrien developed a rooting tool for Archos 80 G9 and I tried this tool for ARCHOS 101 G9 Turbo. It also works. The procedure is the same as the original one:
- Ensure you can see your device in ADB - do 'adb devices' (or 'adb-windows devices' / 'adb-linux devices' / 'adb-mac devices' as appropriate). If you do not and you are using Windows, check device manager to ensure that you have any required drivers installed. If you still can't see your device or are not using Windows, edit adb_usb.ini (which can be found at 'C:\Users\%USERPROFILE%\.android\adb_usb.ini' on Windows and '~/.android/adb_usb.ini' on Mac / Linux) and add the line ' 0x0e79' before restarting adb ('adb kill-server').
- Download 'Step 1' of the root process - DOWNLOAD - MD5: 6645915d4f252888a9dc0303519b15a6
- Download 'Step 2' of the root process - DOWNLOAD - MD5: dc16d0c53bc420be4b898481e31fdc2a
- With the 2 files in your current directory and your device issue the following commands (waiting for the device to reboot after the reboot commands):
adb push 1 /data/local/ adb push 2 /data/local/ adb shell chmod 0755 /data/local/1 adb shell chmod 0755 /data/local/2 adb shell /data/local/1 adb reboot adb shell /data/local/2 adb reboot
- And that's it! Now when you via adb shell you should see the '#' prompt which means you have a root shell.