SUNNYVALE, Calif - December 20, 2010 - Zoran Corporation announced that its highly integrated COACH 12VS digital camera processor platform is available to qualified manufacturers of connected video surveillance cameras.
Specific features include:
- H.264 multi-stream compression, up to 1080p@30 fps
- Optimized image processing pipeline for video surveillance applications: wide dynamic range compression, noise reduction without erasing details; enabling better compression and better image quality without artifacts
- Motion Compensated Temporal Filter reduces noise and improves low-light performance while eliminating blur due to object motion; enabling better image quality and higher H.264 compression ratio without artifacts
- Powerful lens distortion correction unit eliminates a variety of distortions, such as chromatic aberration, lens shading and barrel/pincushion geometric distortions; enabling the use of more affordable lenses, including wide-angle and fish-eye
- Dual-core MIPS architecture provides powerful processing power for additional software applications enabling further vendor differentiation
See more in